glSuzSRaSGMPB_Gxc_09Koo7g6M TOTAL WORLD ENTERTAINMENT: My mother has been instrumental in making me think like a champion, reveals Saina Nehwal

total world entertainment fan page

Sunday 14 October 2012

My mother has been instrumental in making me think like a champion, reveals Saina Nehwal

My mother has been instrumental in making me think like a champion, reveals Saina Nehwal!

Your parents always have a special contribution in your success and ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is no different. It has been often told that her father played a critical role in the making and shaping of the top badminton player.

But few know that her mother had a vital role in making her think like a champion as the Olympic bronze medallist reveals in her farm-fresh autobiography, Playing to Win.

"It was mummy who was instrumental in making me think like a champion. I remember once asking her what the difference was between me and the world No. 1 player, and she didn't laugh at the question or think I was setting goals too high. Instead, she looked me in the eye and told me exactly how the best player in the world was better than me.

It made me feel that I could dream big, and I did begin to do so. I knew I had a lot of work ahead to get to the top, the road was opening in front of me and i stepped on it with some confidence, thanks to Mummy," she writes.

In her autobiography, the badminton champion also lists other sportspersons she admires: Roger Federer, Sachin Tendulkar, Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova, Steffi Graf, Mary Kom, Abhinav Bindra, Serena Williams, Michael Schumacher, Kapil Dev, Yuvraj Singh and Viswanathan Anand.

No comments: