glSuzSRaSGMPB_Gxc_09Koo7g6M TOTAL WORLD ENTERTAINMENT: Sapne Suhaane Ladakpan Ke new serial coming on zee tv soon

total world entertainment fan page

Sunday 22 April 2012

Sapne Suhaane Ladakpan Ke new serial coming on zee tv soon

'I want to work with Puneeth Rajkumar'

After playing a tomboy in Hamari Bettiyon Ka Vivaah, Roopal Tyagi is back on the small screen again with yet another serial called Sapne Suhaane Ladakpan Ke (SSLK).

In the City recently to walk the ramp, the actress revealed that after all these years in the television industry, she is finally playing her dream role in SSLK.

“I play a city girl who comes to a small village in Banaras to follow her dreams. And how she adjusts to the lifestyle of the village forms the rest of the story,” Roopal tells Metrolife. The serial was initially titled Rolli Aur Gunjan. She says, “I have no idea why they changed it. I really liked the previous title. But I guess they know best. This is my dream role. I can completely relate to the character on so many different levels. I have not moved from a city to a village but I did move to a completely new city when I first started out and can never forget that phase of my life,” she says.  

Roopal started off in the industry as a choreographer and assisted choreographer Pony Verma for two years. “Choreographing was fun but I was always looking for something more. When a friend of mine asked me to try out for a role in a serial, I thought it would be something different. And now, I’m loving every minute of it,” she adds.

Roopal has noticed a tremendous shift in the kind of stories that are coming on television these days. She is glad that now people have decided to look beyond the typical saas-bahu format. “There is a lot of scope for realistic stories. Moreover, with the new high definition (HD) cameras being used for filming, one doesn’t even have to pile on layers of make-up. I remember how I used to sit for hours with so much make-up with my skin never getting any rest. Now, even minimum make-up can do the trick,” she reveals.

Not many are aware that the actress has grown up in the City.

“I did my schooling in Sophia High School and have many fond memories of this City. My parents still live here so every time I get a break, I come here,” she adds.

So does she plan to jump to the big screen? “Given a good script, I would love to act in films. I want to debut in the Kannada film industry and work with Puneeth Rajkumar and Ganesh. There are so many good artistes and technicians here that I want to work with,” she signs off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day! I could have sworn I've visited this site before but after browsing through many of the posts I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm certainly delighted I stumbled upon it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!
my page - bangla kobita